23 June 2011

Daydream Believer

This is where I want to go:


Dark Horse Institute is a recording studio with a twelve week program to teach people about working in the music industry - on the technical and business side. I want to go, but it costs $8600 plus housing, food, and commute costs, roughly $3000. Throughout the program they teach you things you need to know about working in the music industry and give you practical training. At the end of the program they help you find a job by helping you find jobs that you would be interested in, helping with your resume, and setting up interviews.
So my goal is to get the money. I'm going to save any money I earn in hopes that I can go in August, and if that doesn't work out, I'll try to go in January.
I want this more than almost anything (although the other things that high on the list are basically impossible so I'm not sure if they'd count). I want it to happen. Stop telling me how impossible it is. Stop tying me down. Don't tell me I can't.
I will.

- Scout

No comments: