23 June 2011

Etsy Shop?

Yo, dudes. 
So I've been thinking for a while that I want to open an Etsy shop. If you are unfamiliar with Etsy, it is an online community of stores that sell vintage or handmade items. I like to crochet, so I'm thinking of selling some handmade items. 
 Here is a sample of some things I've made:
 
 Some flower pins. These are my favorite to make - I pretty much make each one up, so they're all at least slightly different. They are also quick and easy which makes me feel like I've accomplished something. They're so fun!

 This one is my favorite. It's tiny and I love the combination of teal and gold. Actually, I'm really loving gold anything lately.

 I like this one because it has a more natural feel to it. I think this one just seems comfortable. I have this image of lounging on a couch in one of those ginourmous sweaters like from the 1990s...but that might not be the best advertising.
Anyway...

 This one looks a little bit classier. The purple is kind of pearly and the buttons are polished looking.


Not all of them have a square flap. A lot of the ones I make are more pointed, like most envelopes. I just didn't have many pointy ones made. I like the square ones best, with two buttons, so I've been making more of those. 

What do you think? Is an Etsy shop a good idea?

Love,
Scout

1 comment:

Andrea Manz said...

YES!!! Please do it? It'll start helping your earn money for the program you want to go to! I recommend making several different styles and then giving buyers the option of choosing a style and then getting to pick whatever colors they want! At least with the purses. The pins I would sell some by themselves, but some in 2's, 3's, 4's, whatever, that are color coordinated but all slightly different :)