05 January 2012

Resolutions

Are you guys New Years Resolutions people? I usually don't make any, because...I just don't care. The goals I used to come up with for New Years were usually things I picked because I felt like I should make resolutions. Lame, I know. So I usually just make goals when it really matters to me instead of making them just because it's a new year.
This year, however, I really want to make some changes. My life is kind of stuck right now - I'm in between chapters. I'm out of school, due to costs, but I haven't quite made it to the grown up world, yet. So this year, I really want to take time, for lack of a less cheesy phrase, to fulfill some dreams. I do have to start paying some college loans, but I don't have too many responsibilities, so I'm going to try to take advantage of this time in my life. Thus, almost all of my resolutions pertain to accomplishing things that will help me be more independent and more creative.
Here they are:

  1. Keep an art journal for one month (to inspire creativity and to learn to be creative when I'm not inspired)
  2. Read 2 books a month (because I have a bad habit of starting books and never finishing them - and I would really like to finish some of them)
  3. Start an online/Etsy shop (because I've wanted to for a while, and I'd like to see if this is something I could pursue in the long run)
  4. Get a real job (for purely practical reasons)
  5. Continually learn more about photography and eventually a) do a photoshoot and b) sell some of my photos (to pursue a dream)
  6. Sing for an audience (because I absolutely love singing but lack the courage to do it in front of anyone)

Love,
Scout

No comments: