09 September 2011

Friday Love

Sixties themed! I just love the 1960s. I love the colors and styles and the feel of the photographs and art. What I didn't know, however, was how many cool things started in the sixties. So many television shows and movies and books started in the 60s! Plus there's the amazing music.

Television:
The Dick Van Dyke Show

Get Smart

Bewitched

Lost In Space

Best game show ever.

Sesame Street
1/2/3/4/5/6/7

The Carol Burnett Show. 
Note: There is a swear word at the end.

Movies:





1/2/3/4/5

Music:

Let me tell you, it was difficult not to fill this with pictures of Bob Dylan and the Beatles, but I refrained for your sake. 
You owe me. 


Beach Boys 

The Archies


Joan Baez

Simon & Garfunkel

1/2/3/4/5/7

Books - do you have any idea how many amazing books were written in the 60s? Here's a taste: 

Lastly, some photographs from the 60s that I just think are lovely. 
 Note: I can't remember where I found the George picture! If you know the source, please tell me! 



As if this photograph weren't amazing enough, is that guy holding a fox? 

2/3/4

Peace! 
Scout 

No comments: