This is the pile of the other books that I'd like to read this year. The first Hunger Games book is also on the list, but it didn't make it to the pile yet because my grandma is borrowing it from me.
The list (in no particular order):
- Walden, Henry David Thoreau
- The Problem of Pain, C.S. Lewis
- Tex, S.E. Hinton
- The Three Faces of Eve, Thigpen & Cleckley
- Gulliver's Travels, Jonathan Swift
- The Communist Manifesto, Marx & Engels
- Crime and Punishment, Dostoevsky
- Why We Can't Wait, Martin Luther King Jr.
- The Mysterious Affair at Styles, Agatha Christie
- King Solomon's Mines, H. Rider Haggard
- Media Sexploitation, Wilson Bryan Key
- Catch 22, Joseph Heller
- Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde, R.L. Stevenson (can you believe I haven't read this yet?)
- Confessions, St. Augustine,
- The Sword in the Stone, T.H. White
- The Ragamuffin Gospel, Brennan Manning
- Ruthless Trust, Brennan Manning
- The Hunger Games trilogy (again), Suzanne Collins
- Harry Potter 5-7 (again), J.K. Rowling
- Shout, Philip Norman
- Jayber Crow, Wendell Berry
- Pornified, Pamela Paul
- The Jungle Book, Rudyard Kipling
- Little Women, Louisa May Alcott
- Age of Propaganda, Pratkanis & Aronson
- The Last Days According to Jesus, R.C. Sproul
I will be honest and say, some of them I have already started and just mean to finally finish. For example, I definitely started Jayber Crow last summer. It's really good - I just haven't finished it. I do that a lot, hence the resolution.
What books are you reading?