01 February 2012

Artist Spotlight: Gotye

Gotye was definitely floating around blogger world last month. It's a good thing, too, or I'd never have heard of him. I waited to post mine, though, so it wouldn't feel like Gotye overload.

I mentioned this music video in a Friday Love post from before. I listened to it obsessively for about a week. I still think it's pretty awesome.


I'm not a huge fan of all of his music - I generally prefer a softer style than his music, which sometimes seems kind of techno or maybe even disco-esque to me. However, the songs of his that I like, I like a lot. He has a strong voice, but he also uses it in a soft, sometimes eery way.
His music videos are definitely somewhat creepy. If that's your thing.
Anyway, here's a taste of his music. I hope you like it!

Check out his website.

Love,
Scout

No comments: